Sunday, July 14, 2013

Road Trip Activity Book

Good morning!  Jen McDermott here, sharing a couple of projects I put together for our recent family vacation.  I knew I wanted to make a couple of things for the kids to play with on the long road trip, and while we were at the cabin, so I first made this matching game, using squares of cardstock, some images from several sets, and Harold's ABCs. I made doubles of each card, colored them in, and VOILA! An easy game to keep the kids occupied.  (And lots of fun coloring practice for me!)

I also wanted to make a little activity book that would keep the kids busy on the road, so I used my Cameo to cut out the pages and cover for this mini book, then made a coloring scene for the kids to color in, using Critters in the Forest.  

The second page of the activity book is an "I Spy" game--I stamped several different images of items I figured we'd see either on the road, or on our excursions, and laid them out for the kids to circle as they saw them.  So easy to put together and so fun for the kids to play with!
 




 

5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!! this is a GENIUS idea!!! my boys would go crazy for this!! wow!! awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! Anytime you can play with Lawn Fawn goodness is great time!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!